Skills is the first squad where we learn to race competitively for the swimmers aged 8-11 years.
We introduce the swimmers into the world of racing in a fun and nurturing environment. We spend a great deal of time on all strokes including the fifth; kick. Along with racing, starts and turns, these are all coached to a competitive standard, rivaling that of the largest clubs in the country.
Quarterly mock races help measure progress, steady any nerves and identify areas of improvement.
- To be technically established in all four strokes with competitive dives and turns.
- To have developed a core strong leg kick.
- To have completed a transition phase developing endurance and stamina.
- To have competed in all competitions requested by their head coach.
- To feel confident and happy within Louth Swimming Club and feel part of the team.
Our skills swimmers progress from this squad with a full array of swimming and life skills that they can carry forward into their journey into competitive swimming.
Interested in becoming a member?
If you are interested in joining our club, register for your free trial or if you have any further questions about joining please don't hesitate to contact us. For further information about squad swimming times please click here.