Our Pod squad provides your swimmer with their first steps into the world of competitive swimming. It runs as a 10 week block of swimming sessions, including a trial session in the first block offered. Pods sessions normally run on Sunday afternoons between 4-5pm.
- To teach basic competitive techniques (dives and turns)
- To refine all strokes to a competitive standard
- To improve aerobic fitness
10 Week Plan
- Week 1 – Free trial Week
- 2-9 – Teaching of basic techniques
- Week 10 – Swimming pathway decided
What happens at the end of the 10 weeks?
Participation in the 10 week block does not guarantee a full time place in the swimming club. However, there are three options in place to ensure that swimming can continue.
- If most of the outcomes are achieved and they are of an age group needed, then your swimmer will be offered either a full time place in Louth Swimming club, or a trial period at the discretion of the head coach.
- If some of the outcomes are achieved then we will offer you the option of another 10 week block.
- If your swimmer is not making the progress required to be a competitive swimmer in our club, then, they could move across to the Meridian Squad.
Interested in becoming a member?
If you are interested in joining our club, register for your free trial or if you have any further questions about joining please don't hesitate to contact us.